In March 2016, Ofsted graded UTC Sheffield City Centre ‘good’, following our first inspection.
Ofsted praised the City Centre UTC for establishing a business-like culture and technical curriculum closely aligned to the needs of employers and universities. You can read the full report here: http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/139695
Key points from the report:
- Staff and students are highly motivated and committed to the vision of the UTC.
- A large number of employers provide high-quality work experience and work placements for students.
- Students successfully acquire industry-relevant skills that lead to higher level academic and vocational qualifications.
- A quarter of students move on to an apprenticeship. This is a much higher percentage than the national average.
- The majority of teachers have recent industrial or vocational experience so they act as positive role models and sources of advice.
- The quality of teaching resources is very high, with state-of-the-art engineering workshops and up-to-date creative and digital software packages.
- The Executive Principal and Principal have skillfully managed the development and expansion of the UTC.
- The curriculum has been well designed in partnership with major employers, The Sheffield College, Sheffield Hallam University, the University of Sheffield and Sheffield City Council to meet the identified skill needs in the region
- The technical qualifications are developed in partnership with major employers, with the result that students’ assignments are assessed against the outcomes of real industrial and commercial projects.
Parent View is an online questionnaire run by Ofsted, the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services. Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. Ofsted uses the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when.
By sharing your views, you will be helping your child’s school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about your child’s school.