Working with employers is at the heart of everything we do. In addition to companies being closely involved throughout the curriculum and visits out to employers, we also expect students to undertake at least a week of work experience.
Why do our students undertake work experience?
- To gain an insight into the world of work
- To acquire employability skills
- To develop self-awareness and confidence
- To begin to understand the links between school subjects and the world of work
- To start appreciating the skills needed to succeed in the labour market
Students can find work placements either by contacting the employer themselves and enquiring about opportunities (a self-placement form must be completed) or by being matched by the UTC to a placement from the database provided by the Sheffield City Council.
More information on work experience is available here: